APAA participated at “European PA in times of COVID-19” ConferenceMay 18, 2020 11:59 am
On May 15, 2020, Chairman of APAA Václav Nekvapil joined online conference organized by PACE on the topic of “European Public Affairs in times of COVID-19”. The press release is available here.
More than 40 participants across Europe discussed the current health and economic situation in particular PACE member states, notably debating the impact of the current crises on political communication and lobbying.
In his speech, Chair Václav Nekvapil focused on the following topics:
– Impact of the crises on Czechia
– Government’s support of the economy and entrepreneurs
– Forecast of the economic crisis and its consequences
– In-person contact limitations of interest groups with the representatives of the executive and legislature (closure of the Parliament, restrictions on meetings, cancellation of institutions functioning)
– Delays in the legislative process due to the emergency of COVID-19 related legislation
– Limitation of PA agencies activities, a transition towards the home office, events cancellation
– Savings on the side of clients from the fields directly affected by the crisis
– New opportunities related to the Government’s measures, new legislation and the economic recovery after the crisis
– Communication limitations with clients from abroad due to the travel ban
– 2021 outlook